Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Heroin Drug Addiction Rehabilitation

Before going to substance abuse treatment I was using heroin everyday. I couldn’t keep a job, I was in serious legal trouble and my family wouldn’t speak to me. I didn’t care about my friends, my family or even myself. All I cared about was getting high and getting my next fix. It was my entire life and I was miserable.

Even though I knew I needed help I couldn’t imagine the pain of coming off of everything and I didn’t want to admit to my family or friends that I couldn’t do it by myself and needed treatment for substance abuse.

When my mom presented me with the chance to go to substance abuse treatment the first time I told her no. I told her no over and over and over again. She would ask me when I would see that I had hit rock bottom and I honestly didn’t know the answer.

Eventually I was homeless, I didn’t have anything and was out of ways to get money. I had burnt every bridge I had and did not know what to do. I knew I needed help or I was literally going to die, out of pure desperation I called my mom, she dropped everything to help me get into substance abuse treatment and I will always be so thankful for that.

I was so scared when I entered treatment, the counselors at the facility made me feel so welcome and comfortable. Going through the process was so hard, it was difficult for me to have to take a look at different actions that I had done to estrange my family and friends. It was hard to face all of the horrible things that I had done and what led me into a life of addiction. Although I experienced good days and bad days I know that going to substance abuse treatment saved my life. Apparently, some of the best drug rehabs are listed on drugrehab.org so if you are looking for a center we would recommend locating one here.

At a certain point in treatment I knew that I didn’t need drugs and not only that but I didn’t want them anymore. I realized I didn’t need people’s approval of me and I got my self-confidence back and more.

Now that I have completed treatment for substance abuse I know I will be clean and sober for the rest of my life. My relationships with my friends and family are better than they have been since I was a little girl. My legal problems are better and I am focused on the future and happier than I have been in a long time. I have hope and I can’t remember the last time I could say that and I am excited to live my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Individuals who are caught up in the grasp of drug addiction are not able to see the drastic lengths that their own dependence has come to. Their using friends are a mirror of themselves, leading them to belive that their own actions are acceptable.Florida addiction interventions

alfred said...

There are a number of benefits to seeking help in a rehabilitation facility as opposed to trying to quit without the supervision of an alcohol addiction treatment professional.

alcohol rehabilitation centers