Sunday, November 15, 2009

How Effective Drug Rehab Saved Me

I was doing ecstasy every friday and saturday. Along with some coke, drinking heavily, using painkillers when I could get them, and smoking a huge amount of marijuana. All of my friends were doing this, or so it seemed to me. I was able to keep a job for about two years doing this, then I fell, and I fell hard. My family had to do a drug intervention on me to get to rehab.

I was high on a coctail of ecstasy, cocaine and whiskey and was doing ninety five down I-66. I crashed into the back of a tractor trailer and almost killed myself. The courts sent me to mandatory alcohol and drug abuse classes, which reminded me of one of those 12 step programs.

My girlfriend at the time left me, and I lost my job, I hit rock bottom. I had to do something to kick these habits. A friend of mine told me about some holistic drug programs, some have inpatient drug rehab facilities, and some offer drug rehab centers that you would be surprised to find out are close to where you live.

I never thought a drug rehabilitation program would work for me. But I can honestly say that I have been drug and alcohol free now for over 6 years and I own and operate several flower shops today. The program allowed me to determine the reasons I chose to use drugs which made it easier for me to stop using.

No comments: