Saturday, November 21, 2009

Painkiller Addiction Drug Rehab

I had to have reconstructive plastic surgery on my face after a car
accident. Up to that point I felt as if I had the substances that I
had been using under control. I would like to call myself a weekend
warrior. Friday and Saturday night at the bar. Maybe a joint here
and there, drinks, nothing that I felt was too much of a concern.

Then there came this reconstructive surgery. I was prescribed one
hundred percoset for the pain. I went through that prescription in a
little over a week. I was hooked. I did everything that I could to
get more of the prescription from my doctor. I began drinking more, I
was smoking more marijuana.

I had to take leave from my job because of the surgery, and when it
was time to go back to work, I was not effective at my job. I was
constantly high on painkillers or pot or both.

My boss sat me down and said that he noticed my production had not
been what it was before the surgery.

He gave me some advice, do some research about drug intervention, and
drug rehabilitation. He gave me the chance to get my life back on
track. I found that it was easy to find an inpatient drug rehab
and one that I could relate to. Its not what you think it may be,
padded walls, nurses and doctors and patients wearing all white.

There are thousands of people just like me, addicted, and there are
thousands of people out there to help. Also there are some very effective California drug rehabs as well.

No comments: